4.06.2008
I'll Miss You Thorty!!! :(
Yesterday was the last game of the season for the Los Angeles Kings. Every time I actually needed to pay attention someone was either standing in the way or talking really loud so I couldn't hear... or both. I found out that it was probably Scott Thornton's last game and after he was retiring. They just kept talking about how he was taking in the surroundings for the last time... talking about how it was the last time he'd be in his jersey, and going on and on. I just about started to cry every time. It was especially sad at the end when everyone was giving him handshakes and while all the Kings were doing the "Shirts Off Their Backs" thing, Thorty's wife had come down onto the ice. He was so surprised and just kept kissing her and she got his jersey. "Shirts Off Their Backs" is when after the game, lucky audience members were chosen at random and they came down to the ice and the players took off their game-worn jersey for that game, autograph it, and give it to one of the fans. I watched an interview this morning with Tom Murray and Scott Thornton and when he was asked about his emotions, Thorty started to talk, but then his eyes got watery and he kept trying to wipe away tears but he couldn't. It was so sad to see this 6'3" 220lbs hockey player crying. I'm really going to miss him. And I was just beginning to really luv him. Thinking back to the MadTV skit he was in, I wanna cry. "Sean's the fighter, me and Thorty are lovers..." (Thorty raises his eyebrows at Kostopoulos) "Not together!" Thorty corrected him. Here are some final pictures of him.
Cammy (my size! 5'9") shakes hands with Scott Thornton after his final game


Thorty awaiting his final game


Thorty made Alternate Captain, Blake made Captain, and Cammalleri and Visnovsky made Alternate Captain. Now that one of their Alternates is retired (note: Thorty only just turned 37, he's a year younger than Tory), who will get his spot? I hope possibly Kopitar or Frolov, though O'Sullivan and Brown I think could be candidates too. Jack Johnson I think needs another year or two.

I'll miss you Thorty, you had the best number ever! But now it's up for grabs, I want it (Scott Thornton #27)

posted by Katie @ 5:55 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Amazing LA Kings Montage



LA Kings Figurine Pack Commercial



LA Kings All-Star Promo 2008

About Me

Name: yes, I have one
Age: 19
D.O.B: 02.26
Color: I love to!
Number: 27
Current obsession: Love etc - Pet Shop Boys

I ♥ ...

Mattia
Tory Paul Bellecibr> Anže Kopitar
Reggie Willits
Bear Grylls
#25 Jimmy Fishback a.k.a. Lil Animal
Seab Bean The Hitcher
Kiefer Sutherland
Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs
Mike Rowe
Discovery Channel
Man vs Wild
Dancing with the Stars
Joey Fatone
Ian Ziering
House MD
Mountain Dew
Writing Stories
!Pablo!
The Computer
Board Games
The Wedding of the Damned Stories
Steak
Cookie Dough
The Dark
Halloween
Music
New Additions
Ivanans
Jack Johnson (JMFJ)
Sully
Brownie
Frolov
Visnovsky
Nagy
Giuliano
Thorty
And all the rest of the Los Angeles Kings
Malkin
And hockey :)

I Don't ♥ ...

Hypocracy
Peas
The Sun So I don't hate it...
Homework

Wishes

My own car just for me, to go to more Kings games, a special man, Ricky Gervais to live in my house with me for a month (I think it'd be funny), |2()`/

TAG! You're It!

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs to follow
  • UK2CA
  • need to add something

    Enter text here.

    Links