4.01.2008
Stupid April Fools article almost made me pass out... literally
I was watching the games that I had missed while in Utah and the one that had shown Erik Ersberg's parents (he looks just like his dad by the way) also showed that Gasper and Matjaz were at the game too (Kopitar's little brother and dad). I first looked at Gasper because he was chewing his gum like a cow, I knew he had o be related to Kopi (yeah, I say they chew gum like a cow but it's adorable... Kopitar does it when he gets really happy or excited and it appears that Gasper does it when he is bored). I had a picture that I thought was him from the morning practice and I saved it, later to confirm it was him. Kopi is 2.5 years older than me and Gasper is 2.5 years younger than me... he looks a lot older though. And watching the video footage from the game, he is really cute too. And they look a lot alike.

This is the picture of Gasper from the morning practice. He plays for the Jr. Kings. He's pretty cute


Kopi spent Friday at Redondo beach with some of the other guys helping clean up the beach. Jim Fox was there and he was so cute (for being Kermit anyway). Kopi is above shaking someone's hand wearing his "Heal the Bay" shirt that everyone got... He is soooooooooo cute. :)

And one more thing. Today is not a good day for some hockey fans. Particularly the Kings... Particularly Kopitar and Frolov. The guy that runs the LA Kings Hockey myspace page generally posts the new news articles and gameday previews so when he posted what looked like an official article, everyone flipped. Basically he said that Kopitar thinks the Kings suck and he is going back to Sweden to play for the Swedish Elite Team and even used quotes (which, by the way, sounded nothing like anything he would say). Here's the article below... and after the dozens of angry emails, including my own, he let us know "April Fools." It was a sick joke... (sorry about the giant paragraph, it's just the way it was copied)

"Tuesday, April 1, 2008Kopitar To Leave Kings; Frolov Might Follow EL SEGUNDO, CA — Los Angeles Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi’s grand rebuilding plan suffered a major blow on Tuesday when star center Anze Kopitar announced that he will return to Europe play in the Swedish Elite League next season.It's also rumored that right wing Alexander Frolov is also considering returning to his team in Russia next season, but has not yet reached a decision.Kopitar, 20, will play for Södertälje, the team he played for before coming to the Kings.During a conference call with reporters, Kopitar explained that his frustration with the Kings’ progress has become too much for him to bear.“We’ve been way, way out of the playoffs the last two years, and Dean said rebuilding is still the focus for next year,” said Kopitar. “I don’t think I can take another year of this. It is so hard to play when you’re looking up at everyone else from the start of the season.”Kopitar has improved upon his 2006-07 numbers when he scored twenty goals and added 41 assists for 61 points. This season, Kopitar has thirty goals and 44 assists for 74 points in 79 games.“I’ve improved my play, I know,” said Kopitar. “And I know I can be even better. But the situation here is beyond discouraging and I don’t want that to mess up my mental game. That could affect my play for the rest of my career. I’m only twenty years old and in just my second year in the league.”To be sure, the Kings have not improved over last season, when they finished the year 14th in the Western Conference and 28th in the thirty-team National Hockey League with a 27-41-14 record, good for 68 points.Through 79 games this season, the Kings are dead last in the NHL with a 31-41-7 record, good for 69 points.“I can’t begin to put into words how frustrating it has been for me this season,” Kopitar lamented. “We started the season so badly—I think we only won fourteen games before January and we were out of the playoffs well before Christmas. I don’t think I can go through that for a third straight season.”Kopitar said he has been mulling over this decision for months now.“I’ve been thinking about it since January,” he explained. “I know that the NHL is where I want to be. This is where I want to be for a long, long time. But like I said, I’m only twenty years old and in just my second year in the league. I can’t afford to play in a losing atmosphere for a third year in a row. I’m afraid that it will mess up my head permanently.”Kopitar also said that he discussed his decision with his teammates.“I’ve been talking about this with Brownie, Cammy and Blakey [Dustin Brown, Michael Cammalleri and Rob Blake] over the past few months,” said Kopitar. “They all said that no one really can tell yet how things could turn out for next season, and we probably won’t get a good feel for it until training camp opens. But since I need to make a decision before that, they said that I should do what I think is best for myself.”“The guys have all been very supportive,” added Kopitar. “I know they’d rather have me play here, but they said they would support whatever decision I make and they are sticking to that. I really appreciate that.”On the bright side, Kopitar said that he could return to the Kings whenever he wants, just like other NHL players who have played in European leagues.“The contract I’m signing with Södertälje will allow me to return to the Kings whenever I want,” Kopitar explained. “If I see things headed in the right direction, I’ll definitely come back.”But on the other side of the coin, the Kings have lost their best player—maybe two of their best players who they were building their team around. This is certainly a major blow to their rebuilding efforts and will almost guarantee yet another year of floundering among the also-rans of the NHL.There has been no comment from Lombardi or any of the Kings’ players or coaches yet, but Lombardi and head coach Marc Crawford will speak with the media during a conference call this afternoon.It would seem that the one bright spot in all this is that Kopitar said that any contract he signs with Södertälje would have a clause that will allow him to return to the Kings at any time. But there is one other bright spot, and that is the fact that this news came to light on April 1."

posted by Katie @ 4:22 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Amazing LA Kings Montage



LA Kings Figurine Pack Commercial



LA Kings All-Star Promo 2008

About Me

Name: yes, I have one
Age: 19
D.O.B: 02.26
Color: I love to!
Number: 27
Current obsession: Love etc - Pet Shop Boys

I ♥ ...

Mattia
Tory Paul Bellecibr> Anže Kopitar
Reggie Willits
Bear Grylls
#25 Jimmy Fishback a.k.a. Lil Animal
Seab Bean The Hitcher
Kiefer Sutherland
Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs
Mike Rowe
Discovery Channel
Man vs Wild
Dancing with the Stars
Joey Fatone
Ian Ziering
House MD
Mountain Dew
Writing Stories
!Pablo!
The Computer
Board Games
The Wedding of the Damned Stories
Steak
Cookie Dough
The Dark
Halloween
Music
New Additions
Ivanans
Jack Johnson (JMFJ)
Sully
Brownie
Frolov
Visnovsky
Nagy
Giuliano
Thorty
And all the rest of the Los Angeles Kings
Malkin
And hockey :)

I Don't ♥ ...

Hypocracy
Peas
The Sun So I don't hate it...
Homework

Wishes

My own car just for me, to go to more Kings games, a special man, Ricky Gervais to live in my house with me for a month (I think it'd be funny), |2()`/

TAG! You're It!

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
Previous Posts
Archives
Blogs to follow
  • UK2CA
  • need to add something

    Enter text here.

    Links